Saturday, 20 September 2014

CASE 1 cont'd part 3

Below are some other questions and discussions from our discussions > I have 4 questions, > > How do you judge by a company with sustainable income ? any formula ratio ? Actually this is simple, though not many people will follow this. open up sgx website. look at dividend column. 1) EACH & EVERY YEAR MUST have dividends. No dividends-company is OUT. 2) Over a period of time, dividend MUST increase, but sometimes, one needs to look at share number to quantify this. An accurate gauge would be the dividend paid out, as seen in the AR any company which is paying out more and more over time, MUST be making more and more over time. No other way about this. > What type of company management\business model for dividend investing you prefer ? since I am using focus appoach, I don't have many stocks. So I am into ppty, automobile, insurance, steel, gifts. business must be able to grow and I must not see that it might go obsolute in the next 10 years at the very least. It must have some edge over others. > Any online stock screener which can filter company with dividend growth over some years, in term of annualised percentage ? > I tried to find, but all only provide dividend yield. > > Any dividend investing book you can recommend ? > > Or may be you will list the important points for dividend investing ? > I prefer not to spend money--call me stingy if you would. I use SGX as I think its good enough. If I need more info, I just dig into the AR. Important points, every year must pay dividends, pay more than once a year is good! Over time dividend must increase. I got a few other points in my blog. feel free to read. Last but not least, many thanks for giving me the opportunity to share what I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hello