I decided to deviate from my usual portfolio reporting to just record down the dividends received.
Overall,
nothing fanciful and nothing new: dividends received will be used to reinvest in the same counters and/or the counters which are about to pay dividends soon.
No further input is necessary. Portfolio creates the income every month and gets reinvested. One reinvestment move means one more continuous stream of income in the future.
Counters get rebalanced periodically as and when the opportunities arise.
Market up or down doesn't matter too much, in fact is not a bad thing after all. Dividends provided new cash flow as compounding and dollar cost average tool.
p.s. exact counter/portfolio size will be kept p and c.
31/8/2018 Singpost added 115
3/9/2018
Lian beng and UMS added at 51.5 and 74.5 respectively.

Dear Sir, what do you think of US listed companies that give dividend of almost once per month? It is one of the most risky stocks there is but once the risk is known and the appropriate value is assigned, it is worth a punt :)
ReplyDeletewhich counter u looking at?
ReplyDeleteif the risk is too great, but for some reason u are still keen, imo mitigate it with a smaller position.
get more counters of varying dates of payment. let the dividend compound.
Dear Sir, sensible words indeed summarized to good effect. I am looking at royalty income trusts involving oil in the US. Apparently, they are highly risky but excellent dividend yields (even after deducting the withholding 30% tax). I am still reading up on it and doing due diligence before jumping into the fire. Thanks again for taking the time to reply and have a good week ahead.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteu are welcomed. thanks for the info too!
Dear Sir, hello again. After much analysis, I have identified 2 counters and their respective annualized yields are (yields less withholding taxes are in brackets); 13.92% (9.74%) and 14.23% (9.96%). Attractive no? However, they are highly risky but we have to take current geopolitical developments into context as well. There is the Iran sanctions looming on the horizon in November. Also, I love to study cycles. I got the property cycle mapped out (they dun move in straight lines) and the oil cycle mapped out as well (they are very long). I have in mind when is the next up cycle in oil and they are still sometime away. Alas, age is not with me... I cannot take advantage of the property cycle... a downturn is looming and... this is not the big one. The BIG one will be somewhere in 2024. I felt like Thanos sometimes (really) but alas, time is against me. If only I really have the Time stone from Thanos... Alas, that's life :)
ReplyDeleteHello, thanks for the frank reply.
ReplyDeleteyes, some of my counters are also cyclical in nature, dividends included.
i think so long as we are able to control risk on our side, ie limit our exposure to comfortable levels, it shouldn't be too risky even though the individual counters are risky themselves.
cheers.
would be updating my next month portfolio shortly
Hi, thanks for the patience and words of wisdom. You have brought a drunkard space cadet back to earth :) Will be looking to your update and here's all the best in your investments.
ReplyDeleteyou are certainly welcomed!
ReplyDeleteall the best in your investments too!