Wednesday, 28 February 2018

portfolio update february 2018

Dividend by month

1) singtel
2) fcot sgx  starhillg fct sphreit cmt fortune capitaretail capitacom
3) spost  taisin lippo nam lee netlink
5) fcot steng sgx  uob sph starhillg fct sphreit cmt cdg hcg lippo Singre
6) tcil ocbc
7) singpost
8) fcot singtel  plife  ocbc  starhillg sci steng fct singpost sphreit cmt lippo singre ock fortune capitaretail capitacom
9)  uob tcil cdg netlink
10) sgx
11) fcot taisin sgx spost  starhillg fct cmt lippo
12) sph sats ksh ock


Remarks:

Added more sph comfortdelgro singre & fortune with dividends received




Overall,

nothing fanciful and nothing new: dividends received will be used to reinvest in the same counters and/or the counters which are about to pay dividends soon.

No further input is necessary. Portfolio creates the income every month and gets reinvested. One reinvestment move means one more continuous stream of income in the future.

Counters get rebalanced periodically as and when the opportunities arise.

Market up or down doesn't matter too much, in fact is not a bad thing after all. Dividends provided new cash flow as compounding and dollar cost average tool.




DON'T FORGET TO ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS:


1) WILL THIS COMPANY GO BUST IN 10 YEARS?
2) WILL THIS COMPANY STOP DIVIDENDS?


3) WILL THIS COMPANY STOP INCREASING DIVIDENDS OVER TIME?

4 comments:

  1. you have quite a solid portfolio! Some more you get dividends every month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. u have quite a robust portfolio too.
    keep adding. it will get even stronger as the years goes by
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paul,

    Thanks for sharing your portfolio on a monthly basis. I realized that you have quite a number of Reits in your portfolio. In the current stock market stage, which focuses more on growth, would you think it will be better to position oneself more on blue chips with growth potential and perhaps some dividends payout (abit lower than what some of the Reits/Trusts can offer) instead? There are a couple of Reits/Trusts which I have been looking at for a while, i.e. HPHT and Lippo Mall. Both seem to be facing some sort of headwind, just wondering if you have any comments on them. I think you have Lippo in your portfolio. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monet,
    I thank you for your comments. Yes. I have a number of reits in my portfolio. As mentioned previously, no one of these reits occupy more than 5% of my portfolio.
    As i type this answer, the total reits constitutes slightly more than 1/4 of my total portfolio size. So reit counter number might seem more sizable than the absolute proportion which is a more important figure, and which I don't place on my blog routinely.
    I don't have HPHT. though the yield is high, investing in it just for the yield might be making a mistake as the price seems to be on a constant downtrend.
    I do have a fair bit of blue chips at the moment and these are for the long haul with the intention to even add more if timeand price permits and
    yes, i have lippo and first reit to gain exposure to the indonesian market. I am not too comfortable initially as i feel that this country lacks stability and it has many different issues.
    but in investing in this, taking a risk in what seems to be a riskier economy than singapore, confers a reduced risk to my own portfolio. I think lippo and first reit should do ok in the long run.
    thanks for your comments and i am not sure if i have answered your questions.

    ReplyDelete

hello