Thursday, 16 July 2015

Who should not invest?

I just thought this is an interesting qn posed to me by someone.

In point form

1. No money.
2. Borrowed money.
3. Emotional when comes to money
4. Lack of knowledge as how stock market works.
5. Lack of knowledge how company make their money and pay out money.
6. Lack of investment plan.
7. Lack of conviction to stick to their plan.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Low Paul,

    Glad you found it interesting ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stimulating this thought process.

      Paul

      Delete
  2. Hi Low Paul,

    Great perspective. I believe 4, 5 and 6 can be learned with a bit of will. 1 and 2 can be earned with a bit of work (don't want to sound arrogant, but everybody who is willing to work and control his spending should have some spare money for investing).

    3 and 7 are the real challenges to success. They require constant willpower. Unfortunately willpower is not renewable: use it and you lose it. So you constantly have to work on "sustaining" your willpower.

    Low Paul, can I ask you a personal question?

    Do penguins have knees?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tacomob, as a matter of fact, i dont think penguins have knees.
    But on personal note, i am not sure what's the implication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Low Paul,
    Actually they do have knees. They just keep them hidden from sight underneath their dense feathers.

    That means they can have some knee-jerk reactions as well. Hopefully they can keep their emotions under control when investing. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. I hope so too.
    btw how long have u been in spore? How u find the weather here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have arrived here in your beautiful Singapore back in 1997.
      Overall I like the weather. Ok, it is sometimes a bit too humid, but I generally like it hot and if it is too hot there is always an aircon-place nearby.
      Don't call me crazy. But growing up in Germany where you sometimes have to wait six months for a warm day to come around, I do appreciate this style of weather.
      I take it that you do not like the hot weather too much and prefer to live in Antarctica?

      Delete
  6. Yes. Indeed. With lots of household chores n errands to run, sometimes i wish if there was ac everywhere.
    Antarctica..only for real penguins.
    Germany is a gd place. Home to porsches. They dont have coes do they? Vast lands. 4 seasons.
    sounds like a great place for vacation.

    ReplyDelete

hello